Not the actual soup...
So yesterday I called into [social twitter=5fm]5fm[/social] and spoke about a soup recipe that I’m quite enjoying whilst being on my diet. There was some Twitter interest in the recipe afterwards, so I thought I’d pop up the details here.
- Cup (~300ml) water
- 110g Mushrooms (can be any kind.. I quite like the “exotic” mushroom mix from Woolies, but any old button mushrooms will do too)
- 2 table spoons of curry (optional.. can be replaced with another of your favorite spices)
- Half teaspoon of garlic (optional)
- Handful of chopped up coriander
- Sprinkling of black pepper & salt
- 140g meat (of your choice – I’ve used fillet, prawns, calamari – all of which work nicely)
- Quarter cup of balsamic vinegar
Chop up the mushrooms and meat into bite sized pieces. Get the water boiling in a pot/pan and throw everything in together. Cook with a lid on to speed up the cooking process, which shouldn’t take more than 5 – 10 minutes.
Complicated hey? Enjoy!